Celiac Disease and Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity
Those who have already been diagnosed with Celiac Disease may find that they are not healing on a Gluten-Free Diet alone. For a majority of those with Celiac, the inflammatory damage to the gut still needs to be addressed with the appropriate dietary and lifestyle interventions to reduce other food sensitivities, dysbiosis, yeast overgrowth, intestinal permeability, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, and motility issues. Avoiding gluten is only the first step in the healing process.
Our Nutritionist has worked with numerous patients in both helping to diagnose as well as treat those with adverse reactions to gluten and other food sensitivities. As a Certified Gluten Practitioner, Cassie has undergone additional education and certification to fully understand the scope of diagnosing, treating and healing those affected by Gluten and other sensitivities. And, as a Celiac herself, Cassie is able to relate to her patients around the difficulties that can come with a gluten free lifestyle.
An appointment with Cassie will cover the following topics:
- The importance of removing ALL gluten permanently
- Preventing Cross Contamination
- Creating a gluten-free home and work environment
- Dining out in Bend Oregon
- Addressing other possible food sensitivities or problematic ingredients
- Discussing common health issues relating to Celiac Disease/gluten sensitivity
- Cross Reactive Foods Testing, Stool Testing, Food Sensitivity Testing
- Beneficial Supplements to support the healing process